Monday, June 04, 2007

Catching up


Met GGY, my primary school table-mate, at IMM for dinner and well, just to catch up. It's almost unthinkable that 5 years have flown by; I can still fondly remember some of those days in Nan Hua with pristine clarity. Truly, tempus fugit. I came late thanks to the infrequent IMM shuttle service but GGY was really nice about it. He hasn't changed very much since primary school; the same eccentric, artistic and random tech whiz. Walked around a bit and went to DAISO, a shop whch sold almost everything for a measly two bucks for a good reason...they're all Made in China despite the Japan branding. Lol. Was tempted to buy some stuff but no point buying things for the sake of doing so. Headed to Kopitiam after a long search and over dinner, he showed me his photos of his class's Taiwan CIP trip and his Kota Kinabalu expedition. The photographs he took were breathtakingly beautiful, the kind you see in National Geographic Magazines. Maybe I'll post them up here with his permission. Tempted to get an SLR now but it costs a bomb! Showed me some of the other quirky things on his notebook and we left for Rotiboy to get bread. Went to Diso once more cus he wanted to get a part for his bike before we parted ways. I took 188 to Lot 1 and cashing in on the GSS, bought a pair of DMK sandals. Yay!

No comments: