Friday, March 16, 2007

Sentosa Beach Training!

Thanks to Eug's time-saving alternative route, I winded up at Harborfront station 20 mins late as opposed to 10 minutes early. Oh well, now I know better. Was the only J2 save for the omnipresent JX; the rest had other commitments, generally mugging. We reached Siloso beach one hour plus after 9 cus of much waiting for people and the next tram, dilly-dallying and simply, slow walking. (I was saboed to collect $$$ for the monorail ride =( Gimme a break! )Beach PT was actually quite bearable and not as awful as I imagined it to be. Probably due to the mild sun (yay! cloud cover ^_^) and the numerous one minute breaks. But I didn't managed to get the coveted full body tan =(; I think my face got slightly burnt really. The most annoying thing would be the insidious sand which wormed its way everywhere. Did sets of lunges, squats, tuck jumps, footwork on a big open sandy space. In no time, your feet begins to feel like its being bitten by many ants. Ouch!
PT completed, we headed to the beach for sprints and lunges in the water and the highlight of the day, captain's ball! Yan Long was pretty much our sole defender and though he did a decent job, our team still got trounced. Yuan Zi and David playing defence, were a formidable duo despite several brilliant saves Felicia and Shan Shan made. Piggy-backed on Yan Long as a substitute goalie for a while. (I hope he doesn't get a shoulder strain, I'm 50 kg >_<) Lost my balance quite a number of times and tumbled into the blue, nearly losing my specs. It's no mean feat trying to balance on his skinny shoulders, meanwhile looking out for the handball! Throughout our time at the beach, there was a mass dunking session from which only the heaviest were exempt =P.
After 2 hours of wet and wild fun, we washed up and went to Vivo for a late lunch. Lots of camwhoring on the monorail and guess I'll post pictures when I get them. Played multiple exciting games Heart Attack to the chagrin of some of the cleaners. All of the girls got sabo-ed through devious dealing of cards on Yuan Zi and fast reflexs on everyone else's part. Hmm..can't wait to see Shan Shan, Melissa and Lorraine running around with pillows tied to their waists next training. Lol. Played bridge with Chan, Mel and Shan Shan at the rooftop garden till we all went home. Except for the happening Chan who went to paaarrtaaay!!!

No comments: