Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Return from Cold-rea!

7 days in Korea have come and gone in a blink of an eye, leaving behind wonderful memories and a craving to be jet-setting again soon. The weather was a pleasant reprieve from the blistering tropical heat of Singaporebut I didn't take to well to the occasional near zero temperatures either. The tour guide was full of wit and knowledge, peppering the tedious bus journeys with his amusing snippets of experiences. Food generally consisted of barbequeued meat or steamboat. Initially I ate a lot, though as the days went on, I found myself getting a little sick of the rich flavors. The mountaneous and seaside scenery were quite breath-taking; then again, if you have lived in the concrete jungle that is S'pore for 18 years of your life, any scenery is stunning. Everland, the large amusement park we were supposed to visit, didn't thrill me as much as it would have if I was younger. Must be the onset of age...lol. Skiing was a blast and I think I fared pretty well for a beginner, considering I didn't fall down once during the multiple descents of the 50m+ slope. Ascending the slope was however, a painstaking process and I was sweating profusely in a few minutes despite the cold. Maybe I'll try snowboarding the next time round. Made several acquaintances and bought loads of delectable snacks and tidbits =P. It was a truly memorable trip and I can't wait for the upcoming trip to _______.

No comments: