Sunday, December 17, 2006

Chats

Church for service followed by stoning at Orchard for about 3 hours before I met Eug at the Orchard Library. He had church in the morning and lunch with his friends later on. Did buy a black rasorback and sale from Mango so it wasn't entirely fruitless. We walked up and down Orchard Road and I was angsting over whether I should cancel my fencing appointment with David cus I was feeling tired and the cooling, rainy weathre was just right for curling in bed. Eug kept trying to sway me from one choice to the other (evil person :P) and I almost decided to go home and call it off when I asked him, seriously, what he would have done in my shoes. He said he would go for the lesson so the responsible part of me, after a long hiatus, finally kicked in. I gallivanted at Far East for a bit while Eugene waited to pick up his gf from Orchard Mrt.
The lesson past, I took 190 home and promptly fell asleep, exhausted. Met Eug again and we chatted about all kinds of issues, ranging from elitism in Singapore to daydreams of ours. It's wonderful to talk to neighbours every now and then, to catch up and bring yourself back into the loop. I might not be as close to my basketball mates as compared to last year, but I certainly hope if we were to meet by chance along the street, we could stop what we're doing for a moment, say hi and perhaps even more...

No comments: