Sunday, December 03, 2006

Church of The Holy Cross

On the way to church, I met Eugene, who was coincidentally, on his way to church too! Talked for a bit till he got off at CCK and I spent the rest of the journey reading. The trip from Clementi MRT to the church took a while despite instructions from Eugene, because I ran to the wrong bus-stop initially, and when I went to thr interchange, the bus just left -_-.
The church hall was spacious and I like the stained glass windows which adorned it, although there are probably prettier and more intricate ones elsewhere. There was a great number of people in there and they all seemed to behave as a collective consciousness, knowing the appropriate prayers and gestures. I probably stuck out like a sore thumb as I was silent during the verbal recital of prayers but I did pray during the quiet time. The sermon was suprisingly short since I expected a 45 minute or longer one, but it clocked only 10 minutes or less. I'm not sure if I felt God then but I believe if I persevere long enough, eventually I will find Him. I embarassed myself in front of this girl; when she was trying to push the prayer seat down, I pushed it back up, before realising what everyone around us was doing O_O.
I met Veronica, who was assisting in collecing donations, and we were both pleasantly surprised to see each other. After the service, she answered my numerous queries on the Catholic faith and church services, clarifying most doubts and reservations of mine. Still, I find the rituals slightly intimidating but I think this mental hurdle will be overcomed with more visits to the church. Veron's parents very nicely gave me a lift to the MRT and from there, I took a bus to Orchard.
Shopped around a bit till 4 and went to Juliana's place for the last sabre intensive lesson. David was late and maybe that was why he didn't force us to wear britches (we were short on time anyway). The lesson was rather interesting; we had to score 8 points in 8 different ways and because of that quirky rule, me and Harold were stuck on the 7th point for a while, before I took the plunge and attempted a failed alein that somehow scored. More fencing and home I went.
Later tonight, Eugene burned Borat for me! That's sweet of him considering his exams aren't over yet :). Talked again about Christianity and other stuff before we both headed to our homes.

No comments: