Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Tekkan Session

After a long November break that has reduced our little muscles to mere mush, the fencing coach just had to give us a tekkan session. The footwork was fine initially, broke out into a light sweat but didn't feel too much of a strain. Then, Joanna, who wasn't feeling too well ran off to the loo and the rest of us were mae to hold lunge position for the duration she was away: 7 minutes. And we only understood WHY we were doing this when he sarcastically made us thank her. It wasn't like she was skivving or changing her shoes or something. She was SICK and puked in the toilet. In the 6 minute or so, my arm was screaming from the stiffness and the nigh unberable strain of being held upright. Epee coach is a sadist!!!
I did my year's worth of push-ups today too. Certainly not 365 of them or else I wouldn't have the strength to type this entry but 75++. David made us fenced off with half the piste's length to a point cap with the loser doing 25-50 pushups dependig on the point cap. Needless to say, thanks to fencing the guys, I did my share of 50 pushups. For fencing camp next year, now we know what to give the J1s...

No comments: