Saturday, December 16, 2006

Little India

Lest, Ash, Nava and me went to Little India for a culinary experience today! Firstly, 3 of us had our eyebrows threaded at some beauty parlor. Using her teeth and those deft, quicksilver fingers, the beautician managed to shaped our eyebrows into more pleasing appearances. I was a little apprehensive because Nava told me it could be quite painful but it turned out fine, even though the stinging sensation was rather intense at the start.
Nava brought me to Designs Today to tailor my sari she brought from India. While I was being measured, Lestari bought some colorful bangles for her friends. Think my sari will be kept in pretty good condition as I don't have many opportunities to don it, Racial Harmony Day and Deepavali aside.
We headed to Komala's Sweet and Savouries to buy Indian candy. Instead of the usual jalebi (sweet and sour), I opted for a milk beva (is that how its spelled?) and something like a jalebi, except that it only tastes sweet. The milk beva was like eating condensed milk whereas the jalebi-thingy flooded my mouth with sugry goodness with each bite. Lunch was on the cards and we left for Muthu's Curry, a posh Indian restaurant.
Nava's dad gave her $100 to spend so she very generously gave us a treat! Thank you so much Nava =)! We had Black pepper chicken, Fish cutlets, Cheese Naan, Rice, Lassi, Strawberry Kulfi and some other delicious Indian dessert. Indian cuisine truly engages the tastes, be it sweet or sour, spicy or salty, the tastebuds are given a tantalising time. At the end of it all, Lestari , who had been taking photos all day, took a picture of the bill, drawing muffled laughs from several waiters.
Our bellies sated, we trained to British Council, where Ash and Nava could find out more information about studying in the UK. I did flirt with the idea of studying abroad but most likely, I am destined for a local uni cus my Papa has not enough moolah to send me over. And scholarships are for brainiacs, which I am not.
Stayed there for quite a bit, before going to Tekka Mall to get a drink and visit That CD shop. Browsed randomly till 6-ish and the 4 of us were on our way home.

No comments: