Saturday, February 10, 2007

BBQ at JX's place





My darling Papa gave Joanna and me a lift to JX's house. It was a good decision because I realised his house was really really far in. To quote David "Oh baby...", when he got off and saw 9A. JX's place is 56G btw.
JX's has a room of his own!!! Ok no big deal but considering I don't have one.. Papa, if you're reading this which I highly doubt but hope in any case, *hint hint*. His house has an uber cool layout; unlike having a common corridor that branches to the different rooms, his rooms are all linked to each other, somewhat like a maze. And JX owns a sabre, no not the fencing sort. Went cycling with Terence, Faii, JX and Joanna around the slightly hilly estate. Cycling after a long reprieve from hitting the road felt like going home, achingly familiar. We didn't travel for long because we had to pick Charmaine up.
The bunch of us headed back to JC's room and some people started playing with my accesories, a black beret and punk bracelet. Dinner commenced not long following her arrival. Jing Xiao, JX's sister, baked us crumbly golden-brown cookies while Terence, master chef, grilled steak. The pictures will speak for themselves regarding the spread =). Our guest of honor David came in a bit, looking shagged and chao tar from beach handball. Thoroughly stuffed myself on the dishes and was unplesantly surprised to discover the teacher I had made a wise comment to in the lift was JX's lit tutor and that he had told his entire class about the incident. He would have even found my class if not for the fact JX covered for me O_O. Guess I owe him one..but he still owes me 10 bucks!!!
Terence fed the leftovers to the cats. The three girls peeked into JX's neighbour's Spanish-styled house. David tried to unravel the mystery of my lagging camera.
Attempted to do some clearing up before returning to JX's room. Me, David and Joanna koped the bed (not a threesome) annoying JX cus we were soiling his bed with his filthiness. Had a whale of a time laughing our heads off at Sec 3 David (guai), Reuben (chubby!) and Darren (Darren, only smaller). JX and Terence taught the clueless 3 how to play poker, which Charmaine turned out having quite a flair at. Won enough games to ensure I didn't kena the stripping forfeit that wasn't carried out anyway. If only Darren, Reuben and the rest of the sabre team knew the fun they were missing... Took a shot of vodka, thereby severely impairing my mental faculties and sense of awareness. Kept on insisting I had 3 of a kind (sixes) when in reality it was a pair of nines. Played till 12 plus then papa drove over to give us all a lift home.

Many thanks to JX for organising the bbq despite all the trouble and clearing up that came with it, Terence and Charmaine for doing the cooking, David for coming down even though the evil exams draw too close for comfort (best of luck for them!)and everyone else who made today so enjoyable =).

No comments: