Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Little Juniors

David enlisted our help in getting the juniors to do proper basic footwork (step forward, step back) and simple lunges. Did some simple demo - a horrendously embarassing moment even though I didn't stumble over my feet. Sabre attendance was poor but on the bright side, we escaped PT...for now. Went around correcting juniors on their footwork, postures to the best of my knowledge. I sure do hope I was instructing them to do the right thing and not some mangled version of the appropriate way. In a sense, its somewhat like a bonding session. When I got a bit bored of playing the underpaid coach, I fenced a little epee.
There are 40+ J1s; I can barely put the name to the face on the side of the girls, with the exception of Lorraine, Shan Shan, Sarah and Hui Min, not to mention the guys. Hot on the heels of footwork came...PT -__-. We idled at the steps, watching the J1s work their little legs and gossiping, occasionally checking on the progress of J1s and spurring them on.
Was rather glad for the laxness of today's training. Hadn't slept much the night before as I had been talking to Eug. Better get more rest for Thursday's training...

No comments: