Friday, February 16, 2007

Take-Five!

The Mandarin oranges record-setting event was kind of lame; it goes into the Singapore book of records not Guinness. I highly doubt there were 2000+ people eating Mandarin oranges at the same time considering the number of ponners.
We dunked Jayanthi into the pool, never mind her fervent protest and exclamations. She tried her utmost to wrest herself free of our grip but unity in solidarity!!! Mr Hodge, whom we met along the way, made a deviation from his usual seriousness and went "Can you please not beat her up in front of me?", to our flabbergasted expressions after.
Split from the group after Jay became a "luo tang ji" to watch talent-time. It was extremely exciting for 2 reasons: One being the performances of the groups (duh!), the second being the painfully acerbic comments of Mr Vadi. "My grandmother can sing better than you. Do you want her number?" The other 2 judges' two cent's worth appeared trite and bland in comparison to his caustic words. Sam and Benny predictably won the Dance category and were asked to have an encore performance that wowed the masses for a second time.
Contrary to my plan of going home and sleeping, the ever-persuasive Terence and his sidekick Wang convinced Joanna and me to visit Coronation for lunch. There, we met JX and the 3 of them engaged in their usual irreverent conversation while Jo and me tried to comprehend the going-ons and laughed on the sidelines. Sometimes, it's a wonder how I get along with them well when our wavelengths can be so different. Wang paid an extra 4 bucks for my meal (me no $$$) and I owe him one bucks cus I possess only 1/4 of a conscience =).
Home it was to zzzzz...

No comments: