Friday, May 25, 2007

Basketball Girl's Finals

I skipped Econs Tutorial to support the Basketball Girl's Finals at Toa Payoh Stadium. So issue me that white slip =P.

We lost the game 53-50!!! But I guess no-one must be feeling the heartbreak as strongly as the basketballers. We were down thrice, managing to catch up until the final time. I think the many penalties awarded to the VJ team were actually more damaging then the layups and hoops shot in. Cheered my lungs out and felt the Rafflesian spirit for more than a fleeting moment. Seems like its events like these which brings out the elusive Spirit in everyone.

I spotted David, clad in his trademark gray singlet, which made him highly recognisable. He was there to watch the A Div' Boy Finals, HCI VS IJC. Didn't catch sight of any ex-classmates amongst the deluge of HCI people. Dang...Would have loved to do some catching up. By the 1st half, it was 23-09 and since I was fairly sure IJC's fate was sealed, I left for home.

No comments: