Saturday, May 26, 2007

Nava's Belated Bday Celebration.

We went to one of those Middle Eastern Restaurants along Arab Street to have Nava's Post Birthday celebration. Tucked into Mushroom Fish (that's really what its called), cheesecake and some Egyptian dessert; it was truly heaven on a plate. I don't think my tastebuds have ever been so fully engaged in my life. Lingered in the restaurant for a while to watch the Arab music videos playing. Nowhere as risque as their Western counterparts but no less titillating in my opinion :P. Headed to a nearby halal bakery so Nadiah could buy bread for her family. The bread looked so tempting but I decided to control my still ravenous appetite for further eating. We cabbed to Little India and met Lestari, before walking to some Indian-Chinese restaurant for more glorious food! Fried rice, chicken suka, Thai style spicy tofu, seafood hokkien mee...yay! Thoroughly stuffed after our gastronomic exploits, we trained to Vivo because Lestari was still a Vivo virgin and wanted to get to know the place more intimately. So began a long and tiring and ultimately fruitless search for Nava's Oreo cheesecake. But we did see performers from Mexico and Italy I think touring the mall. Saw the group off at the MRT and did some window-shopping, and finally going home alone.

No comments: