Friday, October 06, 2006

Making Souvenirs

Went to school to make souvenirs for JC 2 farewell. Firstly, we unpacked all the bottles from their protective boxes and ripped off all the price tags (so the J2s won't realise how cheapo we are =P). Junhao's wire model of the fencer, replete with blade and mask, was quite cute but sadly, too big to fit into the smaller bottles. Hence, we decided to put blades for all the small bottles and fencers for the bigger ones. Given my terrible handwriting, Bernice wrote "RJC fencing" with fabric paint on all the bottles, while I laboriously twisted cloth-covered wire into what I hoped were blade-looking objects. My fingers were red from all the effort of twisting and turning in no time, and I half-wished I was making the fencer, which would require less direct contact with the wire and more with the pliers. 15 blades and mini-fencers later, we dripped glue into the bottom of the bottles and threw tiny stones to give the illusion that the bottles were filled up. The blades slipped into the bottles rather easily but there was some trouble trying to squeeze the mini-fencers in. Their metal appendages were probably distorted even further after entry :S. Alvin came over to help us and thanks for that =). I hope the J2s like the farewell pressies we made, even if they don't look that aesthetically appealing or professionally done, we did put in quite a bit of effort, time and money. Oh well...I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

No comments: