Tuesday, October 31, 2006

PW Dry Run and the surprise...

Had almost 7 hours of PW straight today. Repeated rehearsals then the actual dry run itself. It didn't go too badly partly because we were the last group and most of the audience were too numb-minded to think of deviously wicked questions. With some illegal prompting from Amelia, I was able to answer Jordan's question in what I hoped was a convincing enough manner. The questions on the acutal day better be as easy to answer O_O. Presenting was fine but I need to maintain more eye contact and sound less jerky.
Fencing training was almost a relief from the stultifying tedium of PW presentations. The weather was cool as it bordered on raining so David split us into teams and we had a relay sort of competition. People were cheating as in their urge to outdo their counterpart, lapsed into sloppy footwork, stopping before the midpoint line and breaching instructions altogether. The score was close with both teams reaching 4-4. The make-or-break match would later be decided to be a series of fencing bouts. We did footwork drills and acceleration drills and suprisingly, I wasn't as worn out as I would have been during most trainings. Must be the low temperature and more sleep =). We had the team bouts after that; first team to win 5 matches would win. I beat Charmaine but lost to Darren and Sun Lu, even with a 5 point lead. The gaps in fencing standards between guys and girls certainly is pulling larger :S. Reuben pretty much saved the team from an early demise by winning all his bouts but I lost the final bout to Darren and thus our entire team lost >_< (The score was 4:4). Proceeded to pack up when suddenly everyone, the coaches and my fellow sabreurs burst into the "Happy Birthday Song". Was initially puzzled and wondered whose birthday it was when the oh-so-sweet realisation dawned upon me. They were singing the birthday song for ME! I was incredibly touched. Thank you SO much for such a delightful surprise! Reuben then gave me the present Darren and him got for me, a Death Note with birthday wishes written inside. Felt all warm and glad inside as I leafed through the pages. And I finally understood why some of them were acting so secretive and why Charmaine was so insistent in getting me to the water cooler. I don't think I'll ever write in the Death Note, firstly since I don't wanna end up killing anyone =P (kidding!). But really cus I want to keep it in its pristine state and no words could probably describe my fuzzy feelings at that moment. Gosh, didn't think I was such a sentimental sap... Anyway off to mug Chem Spa now!

No comments: