Sunday, August 27, 2006

Juliana's Salle

For the first time, I fenced at Juliana's self-converted salle for training. Had some trouble getting to the place at first despite the lift good ole Pa gave me because the house was obscured by the flyover (my sense of direction was a little off back then =P). Thanks Faii and Terence for directing the clueless me to the place =)! It was cramped in the salle even though I got this cosy feeling about the entire shophouse (yes, they live in a shophouse). There was enough space for only one piste and some room for a computer, a couple of cupboards, footwork space and a dummy. Didn't feel as tired as before when doing drills with David probably cus we were stationary. Instead of the usual half an hour lesson, I winded up having a one hour one, which made up for the 1 hour journey to and fro. I worked on counter attacks and getting my lunges into order. Hopefully, this last ditch attempt to maintain my "skills" will assist me somewhat during Asian schools. Did some footwork after my lesson was over but there really was't much space to manoeuver as a class of foilists were having their lessons as well. Think I would still prefer Clementi Sports Hall for training; its much closer, never mind the lack of aircons. I watched some foilists fence and the Olympic video of women's foilists individual event. Poked around a bit, admiring the many medals and trophies Henry and Juliana had won and grinning at those competition identity photos of them. Decided there was not much point in staying since I couldn't free fence or electric fence so I called Dad and he gave me a lift home.

No comments: