Monday, August 07, 2006

Last Fencing Training Session...for now

I can hardly believe today was the last fencing training until the promos are over. No more laughing at the antics and rapid crossfiring jibes of Darren, Reub, JX and Faii. No more crapping with Charmaine, Yu Hua and Joanna. =(. Dull, dull are my Tuesdays and Thursdays going to be. I'll really miss you all guys loads... And with the LOONNG lag in training, I'm fairly sure my already shaky footwork and bladework will disintegrate into nothingness. Attendance was pretty good on the bright side and perhaps it was because it was the "final" training.
We fenced teams (4 teams of 3), with the girls being captains. I had David and Reub in mine and can you believe it, David refused to be anchorman!!! He wouldn't even let me finish first but that was probably since he wanted us to fight hard for the points. My first bout was remarkably awful and I would have had no points at all if not for the fact that girls get handicaps (2 point lead). Most of the rest were fine and with the overwhelming advantage provided by the handicap, I manage to get to the point cap first. When it was time for the 2 winning teams to fence, I foresaw grevious losses to Darren and Faii, but miraculously, it didn't go as bad as that. At least I scraped 2 points off them each. Darren has an uncanny ability for devastating counterattacks...:S. Reub was my team's anchorman and he did a fairly good job for all of his bouts. I, as the weakest link, think I screwed up my team...yet again. We rested afterwards and watched the other teams battle it out. Charmaine treated her team, me and Reub to drinks!!! Aw..isn't she so sweet? :):):) Watched Reub and Darren do drills, chatted with GGY for a while and did parrying drills with JX.
Left the hall at 7.30+ with Reub and Darren. We trduged to the MRT and were so incredibly slow that Jun Hao caught up with us. Parted at the traffic lights and spoke to Jun Hao about..guess what..more fencing stuff! Think I've mentioned this before and my apologies if I sound like a sentimental sop but I truly will miss those crazy, fun-filled trainings we had together...

No comments: