Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Titus Andronicus

Incredibly short though the play was, I guess it was well worth missing my only break for. The actors who played Demetrius and Chiron were truly villanious and hateful as the taunting rapists of the poor Lavinia. Though Lavinia never said a word throughout the entire performance (her tongue was after all, cut off), she managed to invoke gasps of horror and disgust from the audience when she spilled cranberry juice form her "bleeding" mouth. My fickle camera chose to desert me by malfunctioning at the moment, so not pictures =(...
Fencing was fun as always. We were divided into 3 teams of 3 and free fenced. My team, consisting of Faii, Sun Lu and me did pretty well, mostly thanks to Faii. Beat Team 1 and lost to Team 3 by one damn point. I, being the only girl, was the weakest link which the others exploited to their advantage. David gave me a two point advantage and I manage to reach the point cap for all my bouts save for Darren's. Somehow, the "victories" felt hollow coupled with the knowledge of the fact that I would never have reached the cap without the handicaps. Still, the bouts did not go as horribly as I envisioned them to be and I did not drag down my team. Too much. Did some parrying drills after the team bouts were finished and came away feeling more tired and slightly demoralised. I really do hope I can fence better than this during Pesta Sukan...> _<.
Left school with Reub and Darren and trained back alone. Am now admiring that red-purplish bruise that sits happily on my elbow. Occupational priviledge, yups =)

No comments: