Saturday, August 19, 2006

PW outing again

As I'm typing this, my accursed wound refuses to stop bleeding. Drip, drip blood...I'm losing it in too many places and currently feeling PMS-ish at the moment. Am loathe to cancel fencing training with David but I don;t want to aggravate the injury.
Went to Novena Starbucks with PW group mates to do work. The seat near the power plug was taken up so we huddled in a corner to get some stuff churned out. My hand me down laptop was proving its obsoleteness by refusing to recognise Kaye's thumbdrive and later on acted in ways that would drive the most patient person crazy. The wireless wasn't working, the Microsoft word shut down when I typed enter, Paint shut down if you hit some key. In the end, we compiled a list of things to do on Susie's laptop and split up. I trained home with Susie while Kaye and Amelia went to mug at Macs.
Upon reaching home, I plonked onto bed and slept in no time. Woke and decided to burn those fats by jogging along the longkang outside. Had completed about 1/3 of my quota before tripping and falling. Was going to pick myself up and persist jogging when the blood, crimson and thick, started trickling from the wound. Two kind men, YC and Peter helped me up and walked me to my home (it was on the way, really but still it was awfully nice). It's a rather interesting experience talking to people way out of your age group. Another good Samaritan offered her jogging towel to bandage my bloody knee. I guess Singaporeans are not as cold as you read in the Forum after all =). YC and Peter showed me the route to Kranji Reservoir and remarked about how beautiful the scenery was. Think I'll go there when my wound heals. By the way, thanks for all the care and concern shown, especially since I'm a stranger to all of you.
Bid goodbye to them as they went ahead to finish their walk and hopefully I'll see them around sometime. Hovered at the basketball courts watching my chums play their matches. It's been a looonggg while since so many people were down and I didn't want to leave just yet. Watched and chatted a bit and as if on cue, blood began threading down my leg. Shuffled home to work, tutorials and assignments.

No comments: