Monday, November 27, 2006

CIP

Sort of got lost at the Singapore General Hospital Campus before I came to the packing place. I saw Ash's brother for the first time! They didn't really alike save for the eyes but it was sure as hell amusing to see them interacting. Met some new RJC people but didn't really talk to them much cus I was thrown into the thick of counting satchels of chocolate drinks. Hek Bing and Joshua seem like nice, easily amused fellows so I think there shouldn't be much of a problem talking to them. My lethargy and semi-conscious state was clearly not conducive for counting purposes and I lost the numbers when Wei Yi arrived. Together, we counted the 400 satchels TWICE and I reliquished saying the numbers altogether as I was beginning to forget. Lunch followed and then. it was back to packing, packing and more packing. Puva and me were hauled up to the office to cut coupons by Mrs Teo, the SNEC person in charge. It was a mind-numbing job and when the silences were drawn out thin and long, I had to interject some witty comment before I suffocated in it. Wei Yi came over despite the rain to deliver the T-shirts just as we finished cutting the coupons. Had a while to discuss about JC life and our plans for university before Mrs Teo returned and hustled us back to the packing place to double check the number of T-shirts. Mrs Teo is a patient, kind woman but I would appreciate if she was more decisive. She kept on oscillating from one decision to the next, keeping us on tenterhooks and wearing our patience thin. At 4.15 it was time for some briefing which I skipped due to persistent lassitude and low levels of awareness of surroundings. On the way home, I bought a T-shirt and got my hair layered. My head feels so much lighter now and no, its not the alcohol working its magic :P.

No comments: