Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sabre lessons

There's nothing more annoying than sleeping at 3am, expecting to get a wholesome and well-deserved rest of about 8 hours, but instead getting roused by the strains of the Great Singapore Workout because your condo is conducting some mass exercise day. I'm cool with people getting exercise really, however it does not warrant a wake-up/morning call for the ENTIRE estate. Not like one day of exercise will cut down the obesity rate of Windermere anyway :P.
Cut to sabre lesson later at Juliana's salle. Ate cold lasagne and warm brownies! Did distancing and use the whole piste drills, which I hope I am starting to get a hang of. Fenced pools with my fellow sabreurs. Darren would have pwned everyone but he wasn't there so phew! Fenced Direct Elimination and wrangled wins for all my bouts although the one with Audrey was rather close. Would have had a smaller winning margin for Harold's bout if he had not attempted the newly taught moves that often. Still need to keep on working on disengage, distancing, acceleration and I hope I can muster the willpower to practice them everyday should the weather and my schedule permit.

1 comment:

hanmilo said...

Yup. It was tempting to strangle the amcee. Had to continue slping in the afternoon instead. Argh!