Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Unalloyed Disaster

What you see up there, is an apt and succinct description of my ACTUAL PW Q and A. The presentation was fine I suppose; I didn't stumble or speak too fast and the audience seemed to be engaged. I mean, not like they could be up to any hanky panky right under the noses of the judges. I just hope the judges were looking my way when I was looking theirs, instead of the script. Its an utter shame none of the questions we painstakingly combed the report for and anticipated were asked. Murphy's law at its finest there. The judges clearly didn't take a shine to our project; our solutions were branded as naive and not addressing the crux of the issue. I think I mangled my question.

Q: How would you reconcile the fact that adolescents are likely to create a disturbance if they are attracted to parks and older people go to parks to relax and enjoy the serenity?

A: I think it is a generalisation to say that adolescents necessarily disrupt the peace and serenity... (downhill from then on)

The other group's members said I sounded confrontational and almost dismissive of the judge's opinion. BAAAADDDD. Towards the end of my answer, I began repeating my phrases and "yeahs" and "ums" started to flavor my sentences. I was rather thankful when the judge told me I could stop talking. My classmates said I bordered on the hysterical throughout the course of the presentation, smiling brightly and smothering oh-no-we're doomed giggles.
Went to enjoy MacDonald's breakfast meal with groupmates and classmates after we handed up our file. Submerged my 1 and a half pancakes in hot syrup to take away the bitterness of PW Q and A. I hope I don't die of diabetes in future.
For the rest of the day, it was SLEEP, then fencing training. Fencing as always, was fun.

No comments: