Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Cars...

Pooled in the morn with Eug and got trashed as usual... The games I won were because he shot the black ball and the white ball chose to tag along... Think I should take his well-meaning advice to practise more. Napped for an hour or so then buried myself in Chem notes for 3 hours. Visited Woodlands Library and borrowed 10++ books. (Yes, I am a bookworm if you didn't know by now) Watched CARS alone (it is NOT the trademark of a sad, lonely person) and realised the sound system of Cathay is state-of-the-art. Now if only they could make the volume a bit softer. I think my ears are still ringing from the deafening screech of wheels and cheers. Animation-wise, CARS does make the grade but doesn't raise the bar at all. When there are films like Advent's Children and FF: The Spirits Within, its no wonder why. The concept (hotshot racecar, through the help of newfound friends and an old veteran's mentoring, learns there's more to racing than winning) itself is stale but given a new spin, is ultimately refreshing and takes the viewer for an engaging ride. Noticed halfway that most of the audience was composed of parents and their kids. Felt a little like a fish outta water. But oh wells, I'm still a child at heart who likes it fast :P

No comments: