Monday, June 12, 2006

Purchasing Make-up

In lieu with the Great Singapore Sale and armed with 50 bucks my dad gave me to splurge (THANKS DADDY :)! ), I went to Causeway point to check out the stores there. But first, I went to auf and got myself a pretty however not very functional golden handbag. Good for formal events, cocktail parties (like I actually attend any now), prom and concerts I suppose. Left auf for Body Shop and realised that makeup is indeed not cheap... $50 is not enough to procure eyeshadow, lip shine/gloss/glaze/??? and foundation even. So, despite the persuasion on the salesperson's part, I went to Red Earth. Think she was a a tad annoyed at me :S. Prices at Red Earth were marginally cheaper, though still relatively high by my standards (when you have a $30 allowance a week, you'll see what I mean... ) Under the subtle co-ercion of the very helpful sales girl, I chose gold and green eyeshadow (such a lovely combination!), pink blush and dark pink lip glaze. That set me back by $53.7..Ooops..Exceeded budget by $3.7 :P. Had quite a bit of fun dabbling with the makeup, yes, my face being the canvas. Think I'll return for mascara, eyeliner and foundation when I'm in a less impecunious state...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi florence! haha u bimbo! lol =P dropping by..

-qq