Thursday, June 08, 2006

Fencing Singapore International

Being the *wonderful and responsible* treasurer of RJ fencing, I went to to SMU to submit fees for FSI today. And of course, to support my sabre coach, David. Upon turning up, got a quite a shock when David said he didn't know Sun Lu was fencing and strongly discouraged him from participating in it. So lent my hp to David and let him talk Sun Lu out of his folly. Sorta glad Sun Lu was spared the humiliation of screwing up; it would have been his first time fencing electric.
Hung around the premises while waiting for Reub and Darren, who were, predictably late -_-. Shuffled from floor to floor, watching and gawping at the fierceness and lightning speed of Men's sabre (we certainly have a loooonnnngg way to go before we even get near) and getting surprised at the not-so-slow speed of Men's epee. Bantered idly with Andre and company, watched Lisel video Wei wen's match, helped out a clueless Kuwaiti referee who didn't know how to use the vending machine :P and cheered for David sporadically for his matches. The sabre matches were truly heart-stoppingly exciting and I have a newfound admiration for all sabreurs now. Esp for David, seeing how he managed to keep his cool and garner the match point despite the incredibly close one point margin.
Unfortunately, despite the relentless fight put up by all our coaches, they still succumbed and none of them made it into the finals :(. Mark came really close though; he lost 14-15. With everyone out of the running, we, meaning Darren, Reub and me left SMU and went to BK for lunch. Next, we headed to Paradiz for pool. Luck was sadly, not on my side, and I lost the first game on my first turn thanks to the accursed black ball. The final tally was 4 - 3, in the guy's favor. Their pool ain't too bad and I was pretty rusty due to severe lack of practice. To add fuel to the fire, Reub's amusing albeit annoying face-making, pole-dancing antics were more than just a tad distracting. We paid up and visited 7-11, where Reub bought a big gulp. He offered it to me and I was sucking on the straw and pondering over the question why the liquid wasn't going up when I saw Reub's fingers clamped over the straw. Suckered again... -_-... Had a few good laughs over my extreme blurness as we trotted to the MRT and returned to our respective homes.
Last Note: Good Luck to All those taking part in FSI tomorrow! And for those who participated today, excellent job done :)!

No comments: