Thursday, June 15, 2006

More Fencing Training...

Went for fencing training as always, this time I have Charmaine to fence with (Yay!) Sparring with guys is fun but I somehow feel they won't improve as much when they fence with me as I will when I fence with them. Feels as though I'm dragging their progress to my speed :S. Suited up for electric fencing and had quite a shock to find that we were all going to fence Jing Xun, who happens to be a damn pro fencer. All of us ended up scoring 5 -1 with the exception of Charmaine. And he wasn't even fencing to his fullest abilities... There's still a long, long way to go. Seems like I have several issues to work on: distancing, hand extension speed, timing, acceleration blah blah... Just about everything in fact :P. Did scenario drills with Jing Xun, in which he created a situation and I had to react quickly and accordingly. If only the competition scenario will be that simple and straightforward, I might actually be able to survive elimination. Fenced with Charmaine a 10 point bout (pretty much shows our lack of stamina) and won 10-9. Jing Xun was teaching Reub how to preside. Am thankful for Jing Xun's invaluable advice and guidance on how to improve and what to work on, it helps a great deal =)! Realised in a sabre bout that the tides can turn extremely quick. Having a 5 point lead does not guarantee a victory, so complacency CANNOT afford to seep in during a bout. Spectated a bout with David and Jing Xun (JX broke David's sabre blade!!!) Watched David fenced Faii and would have gone next if not for that fact that I had to go for a PW meeting. So I trudged up to the staff room and arrived late by 20 minutes. Luckily, neither the group nor Miss Lim seemed rather upset. Didn't exactly comprehend the proceedings so simply nodded my head and injected several inane comments at appropriate and relevant moments. Miss Lim was a lot last fastidious today, in my opinion, and said our GPP was acceptable! Which means we're gonna have a researching outing next Wed and perhaps do shopping too! PW has never been this fun! Returned home, napped, skated and bballed in that order. Chatted about all things under the sun with Dean, Shane, Rong'en and Jing Yi, with Shane regaling and sending us into peals of laughter with his amusing tales.

No comments: