Saturday, July 08, 2006

Beach bash and birthdays




Nadiah, Nava, Ash and me chose to be beach babes or bums for today and visited the sparkling white sands and sun-dazzled azure waters (sounds like a tourist brochure huh? :P) of East Coast Park. It was a long MRT ride, but I wasn't too bored cus we were doing what girls do best, Gossip! We weren't too sure exactly how to get there, but a nice, helpful Malay boy led us most of the way. Upon arriving, Nava and me took to the sea almost immediatly, while Ash and Nadiah stayed on the shore, taking random shots and laughing at our antics.
It was a pleasurable feeling to feel the kiss of the water on our skin and sway as the waves washed us in. I nearly lost my green slippers when a sudden rush knocked them off my feet. My short attention span had me getting restless in no time and I retrieved some floating kelp and dumped it on Nava's head =P! Went back to the shore to engrave our names on the sand and enlose them in a heart shape (no, we're not lesbian :) ). Nava and me indulged in sand-slinging for a bit, with her getting it mostly on her hair, and me getting it almost all over. At 1 plus, we left the beach to wash up (Nava took eons cus her hair trapped kilos of sand particles =P ).
Next on the itinerary was lunch at Far East Plaza. After buying some snacks and drinks from 7-11 and a bubble tea shop, we met up with Puva and Siau Xi at BK. Nava bought Nad birthday sandw1ches (No cakes for her, they're fattening) and we sang as she blew out the lighter flame (no candles :P). Rui joined us shortly after and we ate again, a proper lunch this time, at Tanah Rose restaurant.
Rui had to meet her fellow canoeists for team dinner thus being such good friends, we accompanied her to Wheelock place. Saw Muddy and Vanessa amongst the canoeists, long time no see folks! We bid goodbye to Rui and gallivanted at Borders, attempting to find the elusive Kamasutra, -_- (Nava's idea). Since Nad wanted to get home as quick as possible to feed her hungry bro, we all trained back at 5 plus.

No comments: