Thursday, July 13, 2006

Chocs and fencing

Mr Lee was really sweet today! I was running to the Entre booth to see what the big hoo-ha and chanced upon him contemplating which chocolate packet to buy. He let me choose one to share with the class =)! Upon Yin qi's persuasion I bought some candy floss and shared it with Xin Hui, Jin Rou and Shi Min.
Fast forward to fencing training because the rest of the day as most school days are, was uneventful. Darren wasn't here as he was doing lights for SYF drama so Reub suggested he be substitute captain -_-. We went to the fencing store to wait for Mr Teo and play a trick on JX. Reub tried to shut me in and I got inspired :P. When JX went in, we shut the door on him and refused to release him till he promised to treat us. The meeting commenced soon and Mr Teo brought some white macademia nut chocs for us all =). Settled boring and serious meeting stuff which I will not put here for the sake of preserving confidentiality. Did parry-riposte drills with Joanna followed by speed-change drills with Charmaine. Watched the guys fencing round-robin for a bit, Reub Yeo is pretty zai...he beat everyone save for JX (he was presiding) at pools, even the pro Reub Foo! Fenced Charmaine, Joanna, Yu Hua, Nicole and Box round-robin next. Lost to my seniors Nicole and Box 5-3 and 5-0 respectively. My blade control and beat blade needs a lot of polishing up; Box kept on doing parry-ripostes on me :(. Shared Mr Lee's Hershey chocs with the sabre people so they would be happier and have more energy to fence =)! Next week we get to fence David, never mind the obvious one-sided result! Can't wait...
Walked to Bishan Mrt with Reub Yeo, chatting about BW house and other stuff... Was informed that RP got Gold for SYF. (YAY!) Congratulations to all involved =)! Parted ways at the MRT since he went to J8 to buy something before meeting the RP people while I had to get home.

No comments: