Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Fencing and Frisbee

We played frisbee for inter-class games during PE today. Our class stood out like a sore thumb, being the only Bio class out of a horde of Physics classes. And the team was sorta imbalanced, 6 girls and 2 guys in ours and the reverse gender ratio for 6S and 6M. But we fought with zest, zeal and a little dirtiness (mud:) ) thus scraping a 0-0 draw and sadly, a 0-1 loss.
Speed up the day to Fencing training, my favourite part of the day :P. This session wasn't as memorable or exciting as previous ones. Maybe a relatively serious exco meeting regarding the interhouse fencing publicity campaign made me more morose... We did distancing drills and footwork drills (no PT yet, thank you David :) ), followed by pools for the girls. It was one of the rare trainings since the start of June that all the girls were present and I wish every training could be like that. But with the advent of H3, attendance has become spotty. The guys got to spar electric whereas David trained Reub Foo one on one. Following pools, David let me spar with him, his handicap being his usage of the left hand. Despite my fervent attempts, I managed to hit him only several times while he garnered many hits on me. Well, in any case, it was enlightening experience. Each bout I fence tells me I have so much more to work on. Hopefully, I can go up several notches before Pesta Sukan arrives...

No comments: