Monday, July 10, 2006

The divine cookie

During one of the numerous breaks, Suat kindly offered to get us some cookies which me and Jay ( cookies not good!) kindly declined in return. We were idling as usual when Jay lo and behold! Spotted a dark chocolate Subway cookie lying in front of us all along! What can I say? It had to be a divine sign that it was meant for us! Clearly, They wanted us to devour it with ravenous relish and not make Suat share her's with us gluttons. We kindly offered to share the cookie with the rest, which they all kindly demurred. Chomp Chomp Chomp then...and only crumbs were left lying.
Another interesting incident occurred today. CT and me stepped into the MRT and there was this man ranting and raving about schools. I for a moment flirted with the thought that he was talking on the handphone and paid him no further mind. CT and me traversed to the side doors and were innocently minding our own business when he turned around and started talking to us in his purposefully, very loud voice, about the education system and the government. He started broadcasting his sometimes politically radical views to everyone on the MRT while CT and me exchanged looks of bemusement. I wasn' sure if he was unhinged or simply trying to emulate Chee Soon Juan. Was attempting to tell CT to get off at the next stop and later realised she wanted to tell me to move away from that spot. In any case, he resolved the issue for us by moving away, much to my relief. There are other ways to express views without implicating others, try Speaker's Corners maybe...

No comments: