Sunday, July 02, 2006

Extra Fencing Training

Read, slept and then geared up for my first lesson of extra fencing with David. Pleasantly surprised to see not only Joon Faii but Alvin and Jun Hao as well, thought I would be the only one from RJ training. Did bladework with David one-to-one almost continously for about 30 minutes. It was generally fine except that 2 bad habits kept resurfacing: 1. Upward Lunging Motion 2. Inverse L-shape. And it would seem, my balance is as good as a ship on a choppy sea -_-. Felt rather exhausted and sweaty by the end of it all, an indicator that I need to work on stamina. Chatted with Julian a bit, than sparred with her electrically, with Alvin presiding. Manage to scrape a victory with a VERY strong albeit somewhat unfair handicap (one light her point, two lights mine). I was a lot less aggressive than usual and the will to attack seemed to have diminished slightly. Maybe it's because this isn't a competition scenario. Or perhaps I decided to be more of a thinker, instead of just blindly lunging to obtain a simultanni. Vacillitated from practicing a fast attacking motion to watching some of the foilists spar. Foil does appear relatively interesting, in a different way from sabre of course... If opportunity permits, I'll try my hand at it sometime. Got a soya bean drink to replenish my thirst, bid goodbye to David and watched Jun Hao and Faii spar with Henry (foil coach). No prizes for guessing who won =p... Departed for home soon after, brimming with thoughts and notions...

No comments: