Thursday, January 11, 2007

In the lift

It's things like these which make me think I should keep my mouth in check. But sometimes, the retort on the brink of my lips just can't resist being let out.
Me, CT and Shu Yi were rushing for the lift and it almsot shut on us when Mr Lee held it open. When we shuffled further into the cramped lift, I must have swung by bag quite vigorously for a Caucasian teacher complained about it. Here's a brief transcript...

Him: You should really watch where you're swinging that bag
Me: Oh... Sorry
Him: It was rather hard
Me: ...sorry
Him: I treasure my kidneys you know
Me:...Doesn't everyone have two kidneys..?

Mr Lee burst into laughter and looked away so no-one would realise. CT and Shu Yi glanced down in a bid to stifle their giggles while the rest of the teachers and guys in the lift grinned.

He: It felt like a ton of bricks

I didn't meant to be intentionally sassy but I truly didn't smack him with my heavy bag on purpose. Perhaps a better rejoinder would have been "Well, it just shows how much notes RJ is giving the students these days."

Fencing training was relatively slack as usual; attacking and defending drills followed by a crap session with David, possibly to help us relax before the BIG DAY. David told us to go there and enjoy ourselves, never mind the final tally of medals O_O. I must must must get at least a medal for JX, David, RJC and myself! Due to the drizzle outside, we planned to have a maggie mee party but the 7-11 was closed, ironically enough, before seven. So we headed to the bus-stop and that was when the Murphy's Law decided to come into play. The bus came really late and we had no seats. There was a terrible jam that caused the bus to inch forward. We all got exasperated and chose to walk along RI when some vehicle came and SPLASHED the whole bunch of us. JX got the brunt of it though. While walking, the self-same merrily whizzed past us as the jam finally cleared. And on the stretch of pavement to J8, the drizzle began to intensify into a moderate shower. Not exactly a brilliant evening for us huh?
David and Zhi Hua joined us for dinner at Pastamania, and together we ate...pasta (duh)! My seafood dish was super filling and I still feel a tad bloated even now. Darren and me finished one and a half bottles of cheese by dumping spoons and spoons of it onto our food. By 8.40, all the guys had gone,leaving me and Joanna to chat about random stuff. Her dad offered me a lift (lift again!) home which I thankfully accepted. Try lugging some 4kg bag home on a rainy day after a long MRT journey... Tomorrow, Pan's Labyrinth! I can barely wait...

No comments: