Friday, January 12, 2007

Pan's Labyrinth

Tragically poignant and touching, it had me tearing as the surreal tale went inexorably towards the bittersweet end. I won't go into many details about the plot, considering the reveiws pretty much laid it bare, or spoil it here. The haunting score at the beginning of the film set the dark and depressing mood, which remained for the rest of the film. The transistion from certain scenes, especially torture ones, was a litte choppy, because there were some bits cut to give the film an NC-16 rating. I suppose it would be rated R-21 otherwise O_O, but the violent imagery, while not gratituous, still had me wincing and squirming in my seat, so I was glad for it.
Btw, the Pale Man with his stigmata eyes is one of the most frightening and memorable monsters I've ever seen on film... *shudder*

No comments: