Sunday, January 21, 2007

Novices Teams

Joanna, Charmaine and me clinched Gold for teams! Its really essential to focus on catching up the points instead or brooding about those that were lost and thankfully, I didn't have much chasing to do. Despite our 42-45 win over RGS, I still have doubt over my anchorman skills cus some of the points, especially the final counterattack, were iffy :S. Looking back, the Romanian guy wasn't that anal, just had this "My call is final" unfriendly aura. Then again, he almost carded me for not shaking hands after I won the first bout. I sincerely hope the three of us can keep fencing for as long as we are interested (I'm being realistic here =)). I remember there was a point (pun not intended) when I screwed up and the RGS anchor score 2 pts in a row to level the score 43-43. Almost the entire RJC bunch who was present yelled "FLORENCE!!!" in unison. Lol. David said every batch invariably gave him a heart attack for the final team bouts :P. Faii exhibited his powerfulMany, many thanks to all those who came to support and gave me the much needed encouragement and advice. I would not have acheived anything without you guys.
I need to wash my equipment more often but its so tough to get it to dry when training days are consecutive. The foilists were trying hard not to laugh when they saw me spraying my equipment with Nivea deodarant.
I wish I could have gone to support Bern, the Blade Club person and all my other fencing mates but there were many matches held concurrently =(. Some of us went for dinner at the nearby hawker center where Bern made delightful dinner conversation and sent Reub and Darren into peals of laughter. I knew they would get along famously =P. Went back to Clementi Sports Hall for some mass photo-whoring session with our trophies. Darren's Israel gang came over to visit him; so nice rit? All of us, Darren most of all, were kinda hyper after prize presentation. Took loads of stupid videos, cracked and cringed at the many lewd references, Charmaine mimicries and jokes that were made.
Dinner with Reub and Darren at Sumo House since Darren was still hungry. I think we must have annoyed those running it as we took up 3 seats, ordered really lttle, spilled one cup of green tea. After that excitement, I broke the chair leg (time to lose weight:( ) and best of all...
(Minutes after the cleaner came to mpp the floor)

Florence: I still don't get how it happened, did someone kick the table or something? (unconsciously kicks table)
*green tea spills*
*Reuben cracks up*
Darren: FLORENCE!!!

But dinner from then on, was uneventful and relatively dry =).

1 comment:

longantree said...

Congrats! You really worked hard for the Gold, didn't you? Keep it up!